Thursday, February 10, 2011

Great adventures in seeking the TRUTH: PART 2

PART II

IN THE NAME OF ALLAH, THE MOST BENEFICENT, THE MOST MERCIFUL


SALMAAN AL-FAARISIY

A caravan passed by me on that day. I asked them where they had come from and learned that they were from the Arabian Peninsula. So I told them, "I give you these cattle and sheep of mine in return for your taking me to your land."  They agreed. So they took me in their company until they  wronged me. They sold me to a Jew. I saw many palm trees and cherished the hope that it was the land that had been described to me and which would be the future place of the advent of the Prophet, but it was not.

I stayed with Jew who bought me until another from Bani Quraidhah came to him one day and bought me from him. I stayed with him until we came to Al-Madiinah. By Allah, I had hardly seen it when I knew that it was the land described to me.
I stayed with Jew, working for him on his plantation in Bani Quraidhah until Allah sent His Prophet, who later emigrated to Al-Madiinah and dismounted at Qubaa' among the Bani 'Amr Ibn 'Awf. Indeed, oneday, I was at the top of palm tree with my master sitting below it when a Jewish man came. He was a cousin of his and said to him, "May Allah destroy Bani Qubaa'"

They are spreading a rumor about a man at Qubaa' who came from Makkah claiming that he is a Prophet. By Allah, he had hardly said it, when I was seized by a tremor, and the palm tree shook until I almost fell on my master. I climbed down quickly saying, "What are you saying? What news?" My master gave me nasty slap and said; "What have you got to do with this? Return to your work!".

So, I returned to work. At nightfall I gathered what I had and went out until I came to the Prophet (PBUH) at Qubaa'. I entered and found him sitting with some of his Companions. Then I said, "You are in need and a stranger. I have some food, which I intend to give out as charity. When they showed me your lodgings, I thought you most deserve it, so I have come to you with it." I put the food down. The Prophet (PBUH) said to his Companions, "Eat in the name of Allah." He abstained and never took of it. I said to myself, "This, by Allah, is one sign. He does not eat of charity!."




I returned to meet the Prophet (PBUH) again the next day, carrying some food, and said to him (PBUH), "I can see that you do not partake of charity. I have something which I want to give to you as a present." I placed it before him. He said to his Companions, "Eat in the name of Allah" and he ate with them. 


So I said to myself, "This indeed is the second sign. He eats of presents." I returned and stayed away for a while. Then I came to him, and I saw him sitting, having returned from a burial, and surrounded by his Companions. He had two garments, carrying one on his shoulder and wearing the other. I greeted him, then bent to see the upper part off his back. He knew what I was looking for, so he threw aside his garment off his shoulder and, behold, the sign between his shoulders, the seal of Prophet hood, was clear just as the Christian monk had described."


At once, I staggered towards him, kissing him and weeping. he called me to come forward and sat before him. I told him my story as you have already heard me describe the events.


When I became a MUslim, slavery prevented me from taking part in the battles of Badr and Uhud. Therefore the Prophet (PBUH) advised me, "Go into terms with your assist me, and Allah freed me from bondage. I became a free Muslim, taking part with the Prophet (PBUH) in the Battle of Al-Khandaq and others.


What kind of noble person was this man? What great superiority was achieved by his aspiring spirit, that restless spirit that withstood difficulties and defeated them, confronted the impossible and give it gave way! What devotion to the truth, and what sincerity that led its owner voluntarily away from the estate of his father, with all its wealth and luxury, to the wilderness, with all its difficulties and suffering. He moved from land to land, town to town, seeking acquaintances, persevering, worshiping and searching for his destiny among people, sects and different ways of life.


And adhering all the way to the truth with all its noble sacrifices, for the sake of guidance until he was sold into slavery. He was then rewarded by Allah, the best of rewards, making him reach the truth and come into the presence of His Prophet. And then He granted him longevity, enough for him to see the banner of Islam fluttering in all parts of the world and His Muslim worshipers filling its space and corners with guidance, progress and justice!.


Open wide your eyes. Do you see that humble man sitting there in the shade making baskets and utensils out of palm fronds?.....


That is Salmaan. Take a good look at him. Look at his short garment, which is short that only down to his knees.


Alhamdulillah.......
Syukran. 

No comments:

Post a Comment